It’s been a big week at Austin Bakes headquarters. Our list of potential volunteers has grown to nearly 200 people, and several additional business supporters signed up today to help the people of West. We are still in need of bakers, signs and other supplies for the sales, and volunteers at selected sites. If you’d like to help, please sign up here and we’ll send you more info.
We are also in great need of shoppers at our bake sale. Could you help spread the word to your family, friends, church members, and co-workers? Here are a few ways volunteers are supporting the bake sale in this way:
- Volunteers like Catherine and Rachel sent information about Austin Bakes to organizations with weekly email newsletters. Think neighborhood associations, community groups, and other organizations!
- Dozens of food blogger volunteers have written blog posts about Austin Bakes for West. (See a full list of press mentions here.)
- Site leader Heather printed some flyers and got permission to post them at businesses near the bake sale sites.
- Site leader Lisa designed a poster for the bake sale.
- Site leaders Sara and Michelle have changed their Facebook profile pictures to the Austin Bakes for West logo. In the caption of the Facebook photo, they included information about their sale site + a link to Austinbakes.com.
Here are some tools that might help you follow their lead and help bring business to the bake sale:
Austin Bakes for West square logo
Austin Bakes for West rectangular logo
Austin Bakes Facebook header image
Email and blog-friendly flyer for Austin Bakes for West (jpeg)
Print-friendly flyer for Austin Bakes for West (pdf)
Print-friendly large poster for Austin Bakes for West (pdf, 36×48 inches)
Thank you for helping to spread the word about Austin Bakes! Your tweets, Facebook posts, emails, and smiling faces are the most powerful tools we have to build momentum for the sale on Saturday!